gear lubes

From: dirt rider (drt-rdr@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 10:15:17 EDT

For the first time, I need to change the fluid in the rears and transfer
case mainly cause the shop forgot to do it, but it a long story and my truck
will not be getting serviced at the dealer anymore. This stuff I can do
myself.
What kind of oil should I put in the transfer case and is it the same as the
rear and my rear is a posi, is there anything special about what I should
put in that.
Anyone know the capacities of the rear and transfer case so I buy enough oil

Thanks,
Nick