Re: RE: dml and R/T's

From: durling@ibm.net
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 14:19:55 EDT

I agree with you. I do not have the money to buy an R/T or I would have sice
it is exactly what I want in a truck. Not really something to tow with but
to go fast and be different. I settled on my truck for a variety of reasons.
I got a great deal, The Gen II daks have more room under the hood and at the
time I was purchasing my truck the newer Gen III's had not been out long
enough to have proven themselves (look at all the non-engine related
problems). I on the other hand am making up fr the lack of purchase power at
the time and I am fixing up my truck. I intend on keeping my truck a long
time slowly switching it's use to a third vehicle to finally a performance
toy. Hopefully i'll still have it in 20 years and i'll have a unique
classic. I would like to see some of the different dodge truck owners groups
get together and mybe form an even larger club with area's devoted to the
different makes but also a joint area to relate on. Imagine the group buy
purchasing power then. (i'd like to get a group buy for you headers
together, there's about 200 people invlolved right now) aleination within an
orgaization leads to problems that can eventually ruin what they originally
had. We could become bigger and better. Wecould stay the same great simple
group we are. Or, we could end up beig bitter over dumd things like owners
of specific models and ruin what we have. Think about it. I'll get off my
soapbox now.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport