Re: 3.55 or 3.90 in an R/T ?

From: gmvega (gmvega@gateway.net)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 00:35:40 EDT

Keep in mind that the take-off is just a small part of the quarter mile.
The lower gears (numerically higher) will multiply the torque throughout the
quarter miles. If traction is a problem, why wouldn't you take off in
second gear. Guaranteed, you'd be slower. The low gears will cause more
traction loss, this just means that you have to feather the throttle more
till speed is up.

Gilbert Vega '98 BL CC R/T