Re: Battery died on me...

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 09:48:56 EDT

At 12:49 AM 9/10/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I have a 98 Dakota with a 318/5spd/power everything and the only
>other thing i have wired in is a jacobs ignition..the truck has
>45,000 miles on it..Well tonight the battery went south on it..
> <snip> anyone have a battery go bad this early? Paul

Bought mine in Feb. '97. Only time battery went south was this
(July) summer. Turned out battery was not being charged because
a fuse in the PDC under the hood was faulty. The fuse did not burn
out...connector just fell apart almost like a bad soldering job.
Put a charge on it and everything is aok since.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.