RE: RE: "Why does it do this?"

From: Mike Maloney (mmaloney@email.njin.net)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 17:27:49 EDT

Same here, they see it and can't fix it. They replaced the PCM and idle
motor, Dodge tech says it's "normal", a little fluctuation is considered
normal when in neutral. 2-300 RPM isn't normal I think, dealer agrees but
can't think of anything else to try. I think it's in the programming on the
computer myself, because the update they released for the cold start problem
dropped the swings down from 500 RPM to 2-300 RPM.

Piece of advice, if you are next to a cop and coming to a light, leave it in
gear until it almost stalls. They give mean looks when they hear the engine
racing up and down. Been there, done that!!