Re: Fault Codes '95 5.2L, diagnostics

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 19 1999 - 09:20:21 EDT

The TCC relay is always activated once the ignition is in the on pos.
There are three things that could be wrong. The ign. switch/TCCR connection
is bad, TCC relay is shorted out, or the PCM is not recognizing the signal.
My diagnostic manual has a way to check it, but you need a DRB or equivalent
scanner to actuate the solenoid when checking the PCM. If you can get access
to one, or if you know of a good honest mechanic he can check the PCM. For
the other two, this is what you can do. Find the TCC harness. It should be
on the left side of the tranny. It is a three prong in-line connecter.
There should be a orange/black wire, a dark blue wire, and a orange/green
wire. You have to have the TCC relay actuated, just turn the key to the on
pos.
Using an multimeter, first probe the middle, dark blue wire. You are looking
for voltage above ten volts. If not repair the ign.switch output circuit to
the TCCR.

If above 10v then you need a DRB.
You have to dissconnect the PCM harness and actuate the TCCR with the scanner.
I dont know how they number the pin holes in the connector, but it is the 6th
one in onthe top row, left side (when the harness is facing the comp). Or pin
54. Using an ohmmeter, probe hole 54 on the pcm harness. If resistance is
below 5 ohms, the TCCR is bad. There is a short to ground.

If resistance is 5 ohms or better, probe hole 54 and the hole for the
orange/black wire on the TCCR. If resistance is below 5 ohms then the TCCR
circuit is stuck in open state.

If resistance is 5 ohms or better then reconnect the TCCR and turn the ign
on. Probe hole 54 with a voltmeter and the reciprocating pin on the PCM. If
voltage is above ten volts, the PCM is bad. If below ten volts, repace the
TCCR in the transmission.

Well, my head is spinning, how bout yours?? I am just reading this out of my
diagnosis manual. Unless you understand everything I wrote, I would suggest
taking it to a mechanic.
The only test you can do in your driveway is to test the ign switch circuit.
Unless you have a DRB or equivalent.
Hope this helps
Boog