Re: Front tow hooks!!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 20:11:48 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/99 6:37:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
Killerdak@aol.com writes:

<< I cut holes in my front air dam and drilled tow hooks that I picked up at
 AutoZone (regular black tow hooks, not expensive) and bolted onto the frame
 extensions that I could see from sticking my head under the front end, on
the
 outside edge, they are even with the top of plastic air dam in height,
 probably line up near the inside edge of the headlights...not sure if this
is
 where you had yours mounted before, but I've towed an S-10, a couple Jeeps,
 and a Toyota 4Runner out of mud holes with those hooks (and my lawn mower
out
 of a ditch) with no problems or warping. So far, so good...

Do you have any pics showing where this mounting location is at??? What do
you mean frame "extension". Can you clarify or explain a little more where
this is at? I drilled and mounted directly onto the frame horn/rail itself,
and it was not strong at all. When mine were mounted, they were like they
were laying on their side(mounted on the outside of each frame rail), which
was fine with me.Thanks
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6