Magnum engines

From: Greig, Doug (douggr@hazelett.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 09:00:12 EDT

  I'm in the middle of an argument with a co-worker between Dodge and
Ford and their engines. He is a die hard Ford fan who says you can't
beat the technology in the new Ford Triton engines compared to the old
Ford engines. He claims the same for Chebbies. When I started talking
about how Dodge now has the Magnum engines, which are also better than
previous Dodge engines. Now I'm told by several people here that all
Dodge did was rename their old technology with the Magnum name.
Considering I'm new to the Dodge line and am here for life (I just Love
my DAK), I want to be able to defend myself with more than just saying "
'cause it is better, that's why!" So, can someone please explain to me
the difference between the pre-Mag engines and today's Magnum?

  Doug in Vermont
  98 CC,V6,4x4