Re: new member

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 21:30:49 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/99 8:21:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, opus30@webtv.net
writes:

<< I want to add a ported TB and an
 msd 6A. But there is not much room under the hood for the msd box I was
 wondering where is the best place to locate it? >>

The TB should help a little but the MSD on my 93 318 loses .2 and 2 mph in
the 1/4 mile. Also less power on hills. I have to use the MSD with my NOS
setup but have installed a setup to switch between stock and MSD and when not
running juice the MSD of off. I race wed night and decided to run the juice
last wed, made 2 runs (best was 12.68 @ 110.29) but the dew set in and I
decided to stop runs with juice so dialed what I had run the week before
(14.2 @ 98.68) as the weather this week was even better. My best run was a
14.34 @ 95.?, couldn't figure it out til on the way home when I remembered I
forgot to switch the ignition back to stock. Never figured out why but seen
the same results on a 96 with a Jacobs Pro Street He lost .2 and 2 mph also.

Just a bit of info from my experiences to save you some bucks .

Bill