New White Lightning Spank

From: Eric Kurtz (Erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 00:29:24 EDT

    I was on my way to drop off a friend at home tonight. And as we
passed the Coney Island on Gratiot I saw a new White Lightning on the
side of the road and the guy was locking the front door to the
resteraunt. I circled back (as a predator might do! My buddy says)
then waite for him to pull away from the curb. As he did, I got stuck
in traffic. I waited it out then got my clearing. I eventually caught
up with him once he was on 8 mile road. I pulled up along side of him
and give it a rev. He looks over and smiles. We jump into it at about
a 40 roll. Very close. He started to pull on me when we were at about
70. We get stuck at the next light. My brakes are screaming. Oh, by
the way. The entire time I have my 340 pound buddy in the pass seat.
We give the obligitory nod at the light. Light turns green and I stab
it. Hit the gears nicely and pull a full truck and a half on him up
until close to 65. We leveled out there with him about a full truck
behind me when we hit 80 (hes catching up!) By the time we were at XXX
his front end was at my mirror. Bottom line, minus 340lbs in the Dak
and at the track I would have him whipped by a full truck.
   What are the times quoted for this vehicle. It does have tons of
HP. It was comin on strong towards the top end. It just cant get out
of its own way from the jump. Last one I ran was the same way.
Eric
95 5.9 5spd 4.10sg