New Stabilzer Bar Buhsings On.......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 22:14:02 EDT

Well one of my 15 some odd things to do to my Dak this weekend was to put on
new stabilizer bushings. The stocks ones were looking cracked and were very
soft. I just decided to get replacement ones(rubber) from the dealer rather
than going with an aftermarket type and not having a good exact fit. Total
was $20 for all 4 bushings, one a the driver's side lower control arm, one of
the passenger's side lower control arm, and 2 mounted on a bracket between
the two frame rails. My Dak was swaying kind of more than normal before this
upgrade, so I figured putting new bushings on couldnt hurt. I had to put new
bolts on where the bushings mounts connect to the frame, due to rust.
Overall, for $20, my ride is TONS better and no more severe body roll on exit
ramps like I had before. I did notice the old lower control arm bushings(been
on for 110,000 miles!) were very shot and the buhsing could have easily fit a
32MM bar(24MM stock size) because the bar reamed out or just wore out a
larger hole in the bushing. The frame mounted bushing were not really that
bad, but were cracked enough to warrant replacing. To anyone with an older
Dak with higer miles, spend the $20 and take an hour or so and find out how
doing this simple upgrade can increase ride performance!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6