Re: Power potential of 360?

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 07:31:55 EDT

This sounds very decent. I plan something similar although not quite as
"balls out" (410hp at the flywheel would be fine). Thinking of stroking
out a 360ci to... like..383 or 390ci. I'd keep my 3:55 gearing (maybe get
3:73 if possible) as I want some gas mileage and top end but I'm also
worried about the puny 81/4" rearend. I read somewhere (October HOT ROD)
it's reliability tails off once you get beyond 300hp. Anyone have any
thoughts on this?

Also what's an "FP Performnce SEFI8LO system" Is this an aftermarket
sequential fuel injection with its own computer? Where can I get further
information on it?
Thanks!

Bob King

Pennsville, NJ