Re: New to List

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 21:04:18 EDT

At 02:10 PM 10/12/99 -1000, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>Need help in the trans area: I've seen some comments on the trans-go
>kit. Please (if I missed earlier postings on this) fill me in on the
>pro's/cons of the trans-go kit (I have one ready to be installed). Don't
>want to waste the trans. My goal is firm quick shifts. Right now shift
>from 1 to 2 feels like there is a long "overlap". Tried adjusting the
TV cable, but not much of a change. Neal

Aloha, Neal.

I had the transgo kit installed on my Dakota and am very satisfied with
both the auto. and manual upshifts on the street. Shifts are firm but
not harsh and quick from observing the tach. (overlapping is definitely
lessened). Manual downshifts are quick and firm as well.

The only problem that I had with the kit is with the manual upshifts at the
track under WOT ... mainly with the tranny staying in 2nd ... the odd time
staying in 1st. Through trial and error, I seem to have solved this problem
by keeping the revs to 3000 during tire warmup while in 2nd and then shifting
to Drive when driving from the water pit. I then lowered the 1-2 shift to
about 4800 rpm (lowered from 5000) and the 2-3 shift to about 5000 rpm
(lowered from 5300). This procedure (all done with overdrive off) seems
to work for my modified truck while still improving on 60', 1/8-mi. and 1/4
mi.
ETs and MPH. The sticking in gear problems occurred when I had previously
held the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts until 5300 rpm.

Bob, S. Ont.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.234 @ 87.26