Re: Rynthetic oil changeover

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 12:00:22 EDT

At 05:29 AM 10/15/99 PDT, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>What I want to know is what is gonna happen with the leakage??
>Iam @ 10K on my 99 and I'm thinking of doing the total switch
>over to sythn, 4x4 and rear end.... the whole 9 yards.
>What about dripage?? Thats all I really hear about sythn,
>evrtyhing will leak??? TRUE??? what do ya do abou that???

I can only speak about full synth. engine oil. I've used it
in all my vehicles starting in 1986 and have no problems with
leakage. You may have about leakage on older cars ('70s and older)
where the gaskets/seals had aged and/or gasket/seal material back then
were not of the quality that are available today.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 15.234 Trap speed: 89.81 mph