Re: Let's see what the DML is made of.....I got a problem!!

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 01:42:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/99 7:28:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:

<< Ahh....the Vipertruck is very unhappy at the moment. It seems I'm having a
 problem with leakage from the heater core. I have the obvious antifreeze
 spots in the passenger and driver's side footwells. Now this has happened to
 me once before, and I had it replaced under warranty. Now my truck is out
 though, and since it was 3 years ago I got the last one replaced, I don't
 think I can really go bitch at the dealer. So I guess I'm going to be
 tackling this problem myself. So who's got any experience pulling this thing
 out?? Does anyone have access to a price list and knows how much the heater
 core is?? Maybe it can just be fixed/resealed/etc??

 HELP!!

I had the same problem with my 96. It cost around $200 for the heater core.
When you get the old one out, you can bring it to a radiator shop and have it
fixed. Thats a lot cheaper. I was in a hurry and just replaced mine. Its
real fun!!!!!!!!!!! He he!! Not that bad, just time consuming. When you
get everything apart, make sure and clean it all real good, otherwise you
will always have a "coolant" smell from your heater.

Brad