Re: Cat Converters (again)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 00:31:00 EST

Well. my cat is starting to screw up. I can hear it's internal stuff moving
all around. and when i start it up and give it a lil gas. it just crumbles
in there. I don't know. a high flow cat costs about 100 bucks. it's nothing
too serious, but i'd love to save whatever i can and spend it on body mods.
engine mods are about over.. until i get a SC!
-Dester

<< I don't have emissions requirements either...but i'm NOT going to remove
the
 cat just because of that. I might replace it with something better though.
 Just think of what might happen if you have to take your truck into the
 dealer again and they note in the records that the cat has been removed.
 (That's one easy way to void your emissions warranty. Aftermarket is one
 thing...but blatant removal is another.) The electronics on your truck are
 also covered under the same emissions warranty...hope that computer doesn't
 go out after the cat has been removed...hate to see the cost on one of
 those.

 $0.02

 - Bernd