RE: Re: RE: 318 Hop Up, Heads VS NOS

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 11:53:40 EST

Bill,

The factory heads do flow well for a production truck engine. Stock form,
the intakes flow approx. 210 CFM @ .500 lift, exhaust flows approx. 133 CFM
from .400 to .600. Porting and larger valves on the intake can push the flow
up to 270 CFM @ .500. Lifts much greater than .550 cause a decrease in flow
and actually decreased to 250 CFM. The exhausts continue to increase in
flow, even with lifts up to .650 inch. At .550 exhaust lift, flow is approx.
175 CFM. Because of the difference between intake and exhaust, split
duration cams are necessary (greater duration on the exhaust).

        Frank