Pinging and studdering problem

From: Mark - ROL (mark@xta.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 17:36:07 EST

I decided I had enough of the pinging problem.My pinging problem is starting
to get really bad, I have a big lose of power when in OD and going about
50-60 and the gas mileage is even worse then when I got my truck so...

i called the dealer service department and explained the problems and they
told me that is a common complain with the DAK 5.2 trucks. He told me that
he would like to make an appointment for me to bring the truck in to make
sure nothing else is wrong and to see what they can do about fixing it. He
said he is hoping the fix for the pinging problem is out within the month,
but he also said they (Chrysler) promise alot and don't follow through
sometimes. This Dealer I go to is a 5 Star dealer and just based on the
service department they have earned it. So far both times I have been there
it has been a really good experience.

They are giving me a rental truck ( not car, its a 99 ram, woo hoo!) and
hoping they have mine back to me with a day!
I'll let you all know what happens!

Mark
99 CC V8 4x4 SLT+