Re: Not reaching operating temp?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 06:58:53 EST

At 09:51 PM 11/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been pulling a code 17 from my computer it seems like every since I
>put in a 180 degree stat. I am getting a check engine light. Could the
>stat be the cause of this problem, and if so, can it hurt anything?

As you can see from the replies, something isn't right. I've been running
with a 180 as well and, in this cooler weather, do not get a check engine
light or any fault codes.

I did notice, when I was testing a scanner, that the temp. readout on
the scanner did not go above 170F while the truck was idling on the driveway
for about 20 minutes.

I'm also running rich (about 5 of the plugs are damp) so I'm switching back
to the 195 until warmer weather returns next year.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.