Re: C@C vs Mopar Nats opinions

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 21:49:44 EST

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 Sbak1320@aol.com wrote:

> If I lived where I had to travel the same distance to each, and I could only
> attend one, I'd pick the Nats. If you want to race or really enjoy watching
> drag racing the Nats get my vote for sure. They only offer one day of racing
> at C@C compared to all three days if you get in the money race at the Nats,
> but only expect one time trial the day of eliminations (Sunday). If you would
> just want to show your vehicle, it would be very hard to beat
> Chryslers@Carlisle, they run a very organized show compared to the Mopar Nats.
> Shane B
> I hope to be at both!

    I don't want to insult the Nats, or anyone at the Nats... I've never
been to the Mopar Nats, but from what I've seen in the magazines and
such, it sounds like a bunch of drunken morons doing burnout contests
on the streets all weekend. Now, I've never been, so I don't know if
its true or not, but that's certainly the image the magazines seem to
want to portray.

  I did make it to Carlisle this year, and I intend to make it an
annual event for me. I have a lot of things that I go to around
that time of year, so its hard for me to fit them all in. If the
Nats is worth it, I can try to fit it in, but if its just C@C +
drunk guys burning rubber, I'll stick to Carlisle.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |