possible recall on 2k quad cabs?

From: Liem Bahneman (liemb@shopnow.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 17:48:44 EST

I purchased a 2k dakota quad cab practically off the semi over 2 weeks
ago, but 605 miles later, its already its in the shop. I noticed a pool of
tranny fluid in the garage, so I took it in.

Apprently there was a bulletin sent out reporting one of the factories
overfilled them and there was some bleed out through a breather tube.
Unfortunately mine had problems further than this: its leaking from a bold
on the bell housing.

I noticed when I took my truck in to the dealer that there was another
identical 2k quad cab also being worked on, and he said that this one had
the overfill and the bell-housing leak as well. So can we expect to see a
recall?

Man it sucks to have a new car for 2 weeks and then have to have it in the
shop already.

- liem