Re: Water In Oil (Was: 4.7 Owners Please Check this)

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 18:36:00 EST

Hey, before y'all get too excited, I just want to let you know that I found
this same thing on my '92 Dak 5.2L. Granted, it doesn't have a high-rise
oil filler tube (which may exacerbate the problem to significant levels),
but the underside of the oil filler cap was covered with an olive-colored
gooey gunk. A mechanic friend of mine told me that was normal (from
condensation and oil vapors mixing). I'm not saying you don't have a
problem (you very well may), I'm just trying to give you a little extra
info. Maybe some other 5.2L guys can confirm this...

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate