Re: Now: Would you get a 4.7 again, Was: Emulsion in the oil filler tube

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 12:47:22 EST

Good question. I just called Dodge Customer Service (1-800-423-6343) and
they told me,
the 5.2 weighs 554 lbs.
the 4.7 weighs 450 lbs.
so 105 lbs is the difference, but that is more than I recall seeing it
advertised as or being told before. I was thinking it was like a 30 to
50 lbs. difference, but I can't find any numbers about it in any of the
info I have.
A good technical article about how weight was cut is at:
http://dodgeram.com/technical/crammer/4_7_v8.html (a little to technical
for me, but still good) also,
http://www.motorage.com/cgi-win/csearch.exe (a Motor Age review) and
http://www.caranddriver.com/NewArticle/0,1633,518_2_17,00.html (a Car and