V8 Timing Chain Replacement Question

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 16:10:46 EST

I've seen a lot of post from people replacing the timing chain and gears on
the V6's. The question I have is for the V8 owners. How many of you have
had to replace your timing sets. I don't recall hearing too many people
with V8's replacing them from wear. I have just over 50Kmi on my 318, and
it doesn't make any noise. I'm tearing down the engine and figure if it
something that is going to cause trouble in the near future, I would rather
do it now than later. If not, running the stock one does not bother me.
Thanks for the feedback.
Rich - Ashburn, VA