Re: Alpine Car Audio -->Eclipse

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 16:05:22 EST

Eclipse seems to be the nicest out there (with alpine second) but its so
damned expensive. I can't get one from an autorized dealer for under 580
(US) with features similar to an my alpine. Plus, in order to get a
warranty, it has to be profesionally installed by an authorized dealer. The
authorized dealer in my area one step above pond scum. I really had my
heart set on the 5506 but it just didnt seem worth all the hassle (high
price, high installation cost, crappy dealer).
   As for 3 sets of preouts, I know that the top notch Pioneers have them as
well as the Kenwoods and I believe some of the alpines do also. I have two
sets in the d855. Thats plenty. With a wired bass control (MTX,
Soundstream, etc) you can control your sub level output without the 3rd
output. Also, alot of high end amp have pass throughs for adding amps (I
think).

--
Dave