Re: 1990 V-6 conversion to Magnum V-6

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 10:43:11 EST

In a message dated 12/21/99 7:23:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
miggitymike@juno.com writes:

> oh man, this is a big ordeal.....
> I'm in the process of finding someone to do this kind of work for me
> also, and not one shop will even take a chance at it. I say, go find a
> junked dakota with a magnum 6, buy the whole truck, and swap away. That's
> what I may end up doing....
> You have to basically rewire almost the whole truck. It uses a different
> computer, sensors, ignition, and anything else you can think of.... good
> luck... I'll let you know what I find =)

I've never taken a real good look at a pre-mag Dakota, but I would say the
swap wouldn't be that hard. It would just be expensive and time consuming and
If i was going to attempt it, I would at least make it worthwhile and swap in
an 8. Sure there's alot more electronics and sensors, but all of them are on
the motor and tranny, with exception to the O2 sensor. If you replace the
motor, tranny, computer and wiring harness, I don't believe that the actual
upgrade will be all that hard (as far as splicing and adapting is concerned
anyway). But, I may be wrong :->

Mopar performance sells tons of goodies for the pre-mag V6, If I were you I'd
look into them. Pick up a catalog, I believe they have just about everything
when it comes it 3.9's prior to 92

-Austin
SuperVipertruck