Re: Re: Lowering a Truck is Stupid??

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 10:38:50 EST

Well, since you asked....
I personally want my truck to be able to haul a load- that's one of the reasons I bought a truck instead of a car. I find the concept of owning a vehicle that can't do the job it was designed to do kind of wierd.
But my real objection to lowering trucks is I think it looks stupid! 1 or 2 inches is fine, but you rarely see that. The vehicle has been designed to be aesthetically appealing at a certain height, and lowering it throws the visual balance off. And no, I don't like trucks that are super jacked up either, but lifting does have a purpose, and if the truck is good and muddy, it looks fine.
The sickest thing I've seen was in a truck magazine (Truckin?). A Ferd Lightning ('94, I think) slammed all the way to the ground. I mean, its only a Ferd, but to take a performance vehicle, then modify it so it can't be driven at any speed above a crawl without falling apart at the first bump....
Flip
'98 V6 2wd, never to be lowered!

http://www.care2.com - The Best of The Internet...With A Green Twist!