Re: Skid plate opinion - kinda long

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 15:48:11 EST

>Is a freakin plastic skid plate group worth a rats patootie???
> What are some of the opinions on the list of skid plates in general? I'll
be
> driving this beast off-road in sunny Arizona, but I know it ain't no
trail >pounder. And as long as I'm payin' through the nose for the next 5
years for >it I'll probably be a little on the 'carefull' side. Should I
fore-go the skid >plates? Should I try and find some nice aftermarket
metal ones? I realize they >can be a pain for maintenance down the road.
Any comments or opinions >welcome. Thanks!!

Save your cash and just look at the plastic ones, nothing more. Start
calling around and asking fabrication shops, especially 4WD ones; which I am
sure there are plenty of those out there in Arizona and see what they can do
for you. This custom route might be alittle more expensive, but this way you
can really protect all the vital undercarriage items of your Dak. I
fourwheeled on and off for almost 4 1/2 years with my Dak before just this
weekend adding a transfer case skid plate for my NP231. I have never hit it
or had problems with the tcase, I just decided I better get it now before
the dealer stopped stocking parts for my 93!! It is nice and thick steel by
the way, the only way to go with skid plates.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6