4.7 vs. 5.9

From: Boris Elpiner (boriselp@altavista.net)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 19:33:23 EST

I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if I'm bringing up a topic that you had discussed to death earlier.

I'm in the process of buying a 2000 Quad Cab 4x2 and I'm trying to make a decision on whether to get 4.7L or 5.9L engine. I will be towing a car trailer (about 5000lbs ) twice a month, but most of the time the truck will be used for commuting and regular day-to-day driving. Of course 5.9 has a lot better torque which is great for towing, but I keep hearing how smooth, responsive and efficient a 4.7l engine is. And 5.9's towing capacity is only 300lbs more than 4.7's I'm leaning toward 4.7, but I don't want to find myself regretting not getting the most power I could have gotten.

I appreciate your feedback.

Boris.