Re: Are "Old" Rams any good?

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 12:31:31 EST

stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< I plan to stick this truck on a lift and look it over before committing
 to a purchase; what should I look for as far as damage due to plowing? >>

Measure the frame in a X pattern. corner to corner. the frame measurements
should be the same. sight along the frame and look for bowing or =vaving.
Look at the joints and the crossmembers for cracks. in the front where the
plow attaches look for bends or cracks. dont forget you can always weld the
cracks if there are any use them as a barganing tool. as long as the frame
isnt bent you should be ok. ive seen guys beat their trucks plowingbut thats
because they hit a curb at 45 mph and the plow is down. if the guy knew how
to plow the truck should be in great shape. also the plow only stay on for
winter time so its not like the guy did it 365 days a year
Rob