Re: Re: Gear/Tire help

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 18:07:32 EST

Kyle,

   I am currently running 32s with a 3" body lift. 33s would fit, but when I
ordered the tires I wasn't sure if the 33s would clear. Once I get the TC
5.5" susp. lift (after Uncle Sammy sends my money back) I am pretty sure 35s
will clear easy. One source told me I should be able to clear 36s, but the
only 36" I found were Super Swampers....BIG BUCKS!!! So, I decided to go
with 35s. In addition to the lift and 35x12.5s I am going with the 4.10s to
help gain back some of the off the line power I am going to lose. The new
rim decision is still in the air as I don't think 12.5s will clear the frame.
 However, once my wife sees how much I am spending on my truck, I won't be
able to use the old "we can't afford kids right now" excuse. So, this will
probably be the last "truck toy" I get for a while...want to make it a good
one. I am doing this purchase "in pieces". Westin Nerf Bars are sitting in
the garage. Next will be the lift and the gears, then the tires and paying
someone to install it all. Once I get all the stuff together, I will take a
week off and go to the shop to have it done (I want to be there when they do
it). Any/all suggestions/comments/complaints/etc. are welcome.

Russ
97 5.2 CC 4x4 SLT+ with all the goodies Infinity Am/Fm/Cass/Cd
Rhino Roll Top Clear Corners Python 3000 3" body lift
BFG 32x11.5x15 Mud Terrains Jet stage II F&B Throttle Body 14x3
FABM Gibson dual catback Champion Truck plugs dual air horns Cobra
75 WX Towing Package All decals (except V8) removed