Bad Gasmilage... (new)

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 11:22:37 EST

Ok, I just filled up again, and I got 1 MPG better (12.7) using 93 Octane...
and driving as easy as I ever have...
With it being cold as .... well... lets say hasnt gotten above the 30's in a
few weeks.. Is there a way to tell if the 180 T-Stat is keeping the truck
from reaching the needed temp for normal operating temp?
I have noticed that the needle seems a lil lower than I remember it in the
summer.... Its just above the 1st mark off of cold (in the normal bar tho)
Its about one needle width over the begenning of the normal temp area...
Any suggestions?
I really dont wanna put a 195 stat in it when it dosent stay cold for too
long, but if that will solve the problem, I guess I'll do it...
Anyone?

Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual Exaust w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 16" Electric Fan
180 T-stat, Accel 8.5's, Lakewood Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1 TB
ASP Pullies (Crank/Alt), Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's
BEST 1/4 15.836 @ 84.93 MPH (w/o bars, 275's, ASP, Shift Kit, intake, tb,
fan)
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ