Re: sway-bar on '96

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 23:25:40 EST

>>Also, do you think there is a need for shims at just a 2" rear drop?
The
summit blocks I recieved didn;t have any pinion correction as they said
they
would need (was told 2 degrees) but I can't see how 2 degrees would make
any
difference. The blocks I got were made by ground force and appear to be
made very
well. Mainly they were not aluminum but steel. Any info would be
appreciated<<

You'll know if you need shims or not. If the truck has a droaning sound
at certain speeds/RPM's and only at those certain speeds/RPM's then you
need the shims. 2 degrees is a lot more than you think. In order for the
pinion angle to be correct, the angle of the driveshaft at the rear must
be within 3 degrees of the angle at the tranny. If it's not, you get
viration and noise.
If they say you need 2 degrees, then you probably do. Shims are only 10
beans for a pair.
as far as blocks, it's not what they are made out of, but how they are
made... any blocks will break. Mine haven't yet, but it's only a matter
of time I'm sure....

hope this helps!

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.