Re: Torque Specs; o2 Sensor; which brands?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 19:59:05 EDT

> Thanks Kelly! I'm also thinking I may need a special wrench for this. I
> have to reach around the header collector as it is on top of it pointing
> upward. There's not much clearance..it's quite a tight spot and it
doesn't
> appear that I can go at it from above through the engine compartment. Any
> further suggestions for tools here?
> Thanks again!

There are such tools designed specifically for a oxygen sensor. It is in the
form of a socket with a 1/4" or so slit up the side for the sensor's wires.
Ran me about $8 at Pep Boys, but they can be found most anywhere. What o2
sensors is everyone using when replacing their sensor(s)? When I did mine
last year finally at 100,000 miles I just replaced it with another dealer o2
sensor, since it performed fine on my truck all these years I thought a
dealer part would be the best to use. The 100,000 mile old one was rather
nasty looking and needed replacing bad, but my Dak didnt run any
better/worse after putting a new one in and resetting the puter. Oh
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6