RE: Wheels & Tires/Subs & Amps & Speakers

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 10:41:48 EDT

Mike,

        Thunderforms are available for the Durango. You can check out either MTX or crutchfield.
I believe Circuit City can also order them loaded or unloaded. I would replace all the door speakers
with component system speakers. They are very easy to install and the crossover that comes with the
component sets are small enough to fit in the empty pockets (between the door panels) in the door.
I'm not sure about the Durango's current speaker configuration, so you may have to cut holes in the
door panels for the component tweeters. I must say I did this last week to my Dakota and it was a snap...

        As far as the amp, there are many different kinds you can go with. I have a MTX 5400 5-channel
amp with built in crossovers that runs all my speakers. (1 component set of polke 5-1/4", 1 set of Sony triax,
and my thunderform with 2 thunder5000 subs)
Although this amp is fairly large, you may be able to hide it behind a wall panel.

Hope this helps...

-Mike Brown
Pasdena, MD.

97 Dakota CC, 4X4, 5.2L