FIPK filter question...attn: Chuck R.

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 13:32:33 EDT

hey Chuck,

was looking at your custom FIPK today on your web
page. I have a couple questions about the filter.

What covers the end of the cone filter? Is the end
open or is there a plate over it?

Also, did you just shove the pipe into the filter and
let the rubber end of the filter hold it in place or
is it clamped somehow? And have you had to fasten the
pipe to the fender for support?

Do you or anybody else know if the airhat's that come
on the 97+, will fit on the gen II?

I am thinking about using a 14" round air cleaner,
wall the sides in with aluminum, and use pvc for the
pipe...the transition from the air cleaner to the pipe
is the problem area....I saw in a Hot Rod article they
used a square-to-round duct adapter to do the
transition. Hard to make it look clean though.

TIA, sorry so long.

Gregg
92 V6 CC