3.9 4x4 sport Dak 99,No problem found.Again.

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 20:18:37 EDT

Well,I took my truck back to the dealer.I just dropped it off without an
appointment,because they said to run it by whenever it`s really acting
up.It was REALLY running poor yesterday morning.No power at all,felt
like it was hesitating (or slipping).Had to lock out overdrive just to
maintain speed limit.Took the truck to them and got a ride to work.I
called them later and they said,"put twenty miles on it,never showed a
problem".So I went down there and took the service manager for a ride
with me.Truck ran good!I couldn`t believe it.Apparently,all they did was
hook a scanner to it.Nothing was adjusted whatsoever.Now what?! What in
the world could connecting a scanner up to it do for my truck? I asked
the guy if they connected the scanner up before,or after they test drove
it.They said BEFORE.Then I asked him if they had an autopilot
scanner,and he said that they do,but it`s not updated to use on my
truck.
UPDATE........Glad I didn`t finish this e-mail last night.I figured it
would start acting up again,so I held off.My Dak is still running better
than it did a few days ago,but it`s starting to lose power again.ATF????
Sorry,I think I mean WTF???? (why this frustration?)WHAT SHOULD I
DO,FOLKS? Maybe wait till it gets really bad again,and tell them to
drive it before hooking it to anything? Apparently,their scan tool has
some kind of magic power that makes my truck run well for a day and a
half.
Steve P.