V6 vs 4.7 V8 MPG

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 13:58:22 EDT

I have a 2000 CC 4x4 with the 4.7, 5 speed, 3.55 gears and 31x10.50 15 tires.
I'm getting consistent 16 to 16.5 mpg driving around town these days with the
a/c on. And I just can't seem to go a whole tankfull without burying my foot
to the floor for launches at least several times. One tankfull several months
ago I did try to take it easy and posted 17.3 for that tankful in city
driving.(There were still several WOT's but not as much as usual...) My best
highway mileage was 19.8 when the truck only had about 2000 miles on it. That
was running at 75 to 80 the whole way. That was realy the only time I've had
it on the highway for any length of time.