RE: Re: possible accident

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 01:19:42 EDT

If what my dealer told me is correct, you/they don't have to disclose any
damage unless the car has officially been declared totaled, in which case it
would show up on the VIN report anyway.

Did it come with any kind of warranty that would cover the problems you're
encountering?

I do remember a few years back, some doctor down south ordered a custom
$250,000 Benz (or something along those lines) from Europe, and won a couple
million bucks in a lawsuit because they'd scratched the door in transit and
repainted it without telling him. That might be a special case, though,
being custom made. I thought it was a ridiculous award!

- Alex