Some performance questions

From: Hugh Catlett (hcatlett@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 15:10:43 EST

I need some professional advice please.

I just replaced my thermostat with 180 degree model and the OE plugs with
Autolite 3923's. I also reset the ECU. I also pulled one of the plugwires
out of its plug connector.

I think that the plugwire I screwed wasn't satisfied with my repair attempt.
Because now after about 15 miles I have a noticable shake in the engine at
idle and the "Check Engine" light has come on. Is there anyway to tell if
that plugwire is the problem? This is a 98 5.2L Auto 2WD DAK.

I'll try to re-repair the plugwire and then how do I kill the check engine
light?

As an aside - what is the recommended gasoline to use, brand and octane
rating?

Thanks for your help.