Re: Torque Converter Question (got new one installed, weird stall speed)

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 11:24:42 EST

on 2/9/01 8:50 PM, Tim Berry at coolva1@home.com wrote:

> I dunno if I posted this already, but when AAMCO pulled the tranny off, the
> found the flexplate to be just fine...
> What they did notice was the torque converter was missin a weight, and had
> flew off, and tore up the converter while being flung around in there..
> AAMCO continued with their rebuild (finishing tomorrow AM) and replaced the
> torque converter with a converter that she said "I would notice a
> difference" with... she said the stall speed is higher than the stock
> stall...
> They rate all their converters in "K Factor" or sumthin like that, she said
> mine is a 145K Factor
> What on earth does that mean??? What stall speed converter did they put in
> there?? HELP!!!
> I wanna know what to expect when I get her back :)
>
> Tim Berry

Hi Tim,

the mopar performance catalog lists the torque converters by that k factor
also, .....so your 145k would be a 1900-2100 stall with a stock engine and
up to 2400 with mods.......I put in the mopar p5007299 which is a 166k and
the recommend stall is 2250-2350 and it stalls on my motor at 2800....

you will like the difference, the mopar unit is a great mod, i purchased
mine from Jim at Mckiny Chrysler(972-569-0196) for 161.00 shipped to my
door.

Scott Q