Re: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: Nick Shue (nshue@8dot3.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 08:07:34 EST

Uhh.. Do you realize that you are expressing concern that you may damage the
engine if you let it heat up past 210, and to justifiy this concern, you are
pointing to non-4.7 trucks that have seen 250+ when they were damaged. 40
degrees is a whole world.

If the 4.7 is designed to run at 210, then you won't see any problems with
the engine till you are heading into the upper 220s at a minimum. You are
being WAY to anal about this. There have been a whole lot of people on this
list who have told you such, and you are still unwilling to listen to
expereince.

As has been said, worse case (which, honestly, I doubt you will see) the
engine get's replace. But, I doubt you will see that problem. Let the
engine run at it's temp, and blow some sludge/carbon out of the engine by
running it above 2000rpm (where it's DESGINED to run) and see what happens.
As it is now, you are hurting the engine and it's ability to run by running
it outside it's design specs. This engine was NOT designed to never see
2000+, and it will be damaged by being run this way.

--Nick