Re: Aftermarket intakes for 3.9L V6

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 17:27:22 EST

ABeerCan@aol.com wrote:

> Shane,
> This manifold is for the pre-magnums. Won't work on the Magnums due to
> the way the magnum bolts are vertical pre-mags aren't.

Yep - looks like you are correct. Thats not to say it won't work tho - I've
heard (from my machinist) that you just have to enlarge the mounting holes to fit
the verticle positioned bolts (using washers I presume - wait that would be
ugly). It will still seal (any water passage issues??) He said he does it all
the time on the V8s using Edelbrock manifolds (customer's preference usually).

Anybody have any ideas on this? I personally would rather run the new Edelbrock
small-block dualplane AirGap intake as I think it would be better for my 5000lb
truck.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"