Blown Head Gasket???

From: Steve Jenkins (slick@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 14:26:22 EST

Will a blown head gasket cause a VERY INTERMITTANT overheating problem? Or
would it be continual once it did overheat? When my engine does get hot, I
can stomp on the gas, and the temp will go back to normal, and the heater
will start putting out warm air again. I am only asking because I called
Dodge, and that's what they said it sounded like. It seems like it only
does it when I have driven and heated up, then stopping along with turning
my truck off. A few hours later, the engine is still kinda warm, but it
then overheats.

I have an appointment at Dodge Tuesday. I hope they can figure it out.

Steve Jenkins
'99 V6 4X4