Suzuki GSXs vs. Katanas

From: Robert R.II (iicold@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 05:53:32 EDT

Guys, what are the downfalls of owning the Katana compared to the GSX-R600,
750, 1000? I am thinking about purchasing my first bike within the next two
years and I like what I see in all of the Suzuki sportbikes, but the Katana
stands out to me. I know that it isn't as agile as the GSX, but the Katana
looks good in the black and silver and the Gixxer isn't offered in that
scheme and I'm sure that it has an ample amount of power. I am looking at
the 600s myself, how fast can I expect top end on the 600 Katana. I am also
open to any suggestions to other sportbikes around the 600cc displacement
area. I really am craving for a bike and I don't want to regret buying a
certain bike. By the way, how does the YZF-R6 look to you guys? Price is a
factor..... < $8000

Robert.