Re: turn down after muffler on 4.7

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 22:16:52 EDT

Arnold, sorry to hear you didn't like your exhaust "dumped". I really like
mine and am not to worried about the power issue. The torque I would like to
have back, but not enough to run it back out. The resonance is pretty cool
if you ask me! Sure, it gets aggravating the 500th time you've accelerated
that day, but it's ok. My truck will not spin the tires from a kick, but it
still seems to pull hard enough. I hope you don't scrape your new exhaust on
the ground with your truck as low as it is. You'll just have to be careful
going in and out of parking lots and such. I come close to dragging my hitch
all over town. There's places I just can't get in and out of now. I'd hate
to think I had to worry about exhaust tips hanging out there too.
Anyway-sorry, and I hope you like what you have coming.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

--Original Message Follows----
From: "Arnoldo Silva" <silva@rio.bravo.net>

  to everybody thats thinking of putting a turndown after the muff. on a 4.7
forget it. at least thats if you have a dynomax ultraflow. the sound is
horrible and it resonates so bad inside the cab its not even cool i cant
even look back through my side mirrors around 2k rpms. well just thought
everybody should learn from my mistake. by the way it kills your bottom end
torque. BAD the truck barely spins the tires now.
arnold

ps. i ordered the gibson split rear dual exhaust today hopefully that will
sound nice. does anyone have any experience with this setup..