4.7 exhaust questions

From: Thumper (thumper72@lvcm.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 23:46:28 EDT

Just thinking out loud...bear with me. Tell me if I got this right.

1. The 2001 4.7 has 3 cats on it...1 on each side of the Y-pipe and one
towards the end of the Y-pipe?
2. The 4.7 stock exhaust manifolds are, as of now, just as good if not
better as headers as far as performance gains are concerned?

Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't putting high flow cats on both sides
of the Y-pipe, hollowing out the cat at the end of the y-pipe, and getting a
high flowing muffler be an ideal setup for the 4.7 without losing too much
low-end? It seems to me that the flow is being lost through the cats, not
necessarily the exhaust manifolds and pipes.

TIA

Bill Boggs
ICQ# 96440831
thumper72@lvcm.com