Re: Opinions on Superchagers and other mods plz

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 22:29:53 EDT

Shawn, If it were mine, I would definitely go with a Kenne-Bell. I've seen
too many good comments out of owners to think that they could be all that
bad. I prefer the Kenne-Bell design and like the way they provide the
computer to be sure it runs right.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Shawn Bowen" <Shawn@bowen.com>

Hey folks,
    I asked the other day but received no response, so here goes again.
What are some opinions on SC's in general for a 98 5.2L 4x4? I'm looking at
either a Powerdyne or Kenne Bell, I've read varying opinions on each but
just wanted some more input. Thus far I've put a 3" Gibson Cat Back with
Dual 2.5" exits behind the wheels, a 180 t-stat, and a K&N FIPK. I'll be
putting in some 3923's this weekend, and I'm going to see about ditching the
clutch fan and going electric when I do the plugs.

         Basically the truck is pretty quick, it needs to be a daily driver,
but I also want some serious gut wrenching performance out of her. What
else is a prerequisite for the SC mechanically so I don't worry about
killing it? How beneficial is a TB mod, ignition system, or some basic head
work? I guess what I'm after is yall's opinions on the most bang for the
buck. I mean, if I drop the SC in, are headers and a high flow cat in
order, or will I not get much more by adding them. What's the consensus on
the CPU mods out there? Hypertech, Jet II, ect.

         I'm relatively new here and I try to search the archives for
information so I don't bug everyone with redundant questions. I've answered
several questions I know about for some folks, mostly electrical, stereo and
the what not, but I sure could use some help with picking out the biggest
bang for the buck mods and what others opinions are on SC's and the other
performance mods. Thus far the only decision I've come to is a donation to
help keep
this list going;-) I could use some good 1,2,3's of gains for the buck.
Many Thanks!

Shawn 98 Dak 5.2L 4x4 CC