Skidplates? Need help, bad dealer.

From: Jessica Snyder (heartbeatz28@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 23:53:20 EDT

Well,,, what started out to be a little oil leak, after a busy day of
off-roading, turned into a blown engine... or so they say...

Took the truck in to be fixed, told service to "Make whatever repairs are
necessary to take the truck to Michigan, and make sure it is completely
fixed. I will pay for the repairs when she is finished..."

Well, they called saying that it is almost done, and they are going to make
sure nothing else is wrong with it, then I can pick her up...

So all is good, and I pick her up. Same old problem, just not leaking oil
this time. Didn't even make it home, and left me stranded on the side of a
country road...

They flatbed'ed it back into the shop, and with out even touching the truck,
they said it needs a new engine.

Now they are saying it is my responsibility, that even though they said it
was fixed, it's my problem that it wasn't fixed correctly... In the end,
the truck shouldn't have been released, but they did anyway, and driving it
still broke, made it worse.

Whose fault is it? And who should pay the bill?

Oh, and where can I find METAL skidplates? The plastic one was the culprit
of the problem in the first place...

Thanks,,,
Jessica