Re: Failed 3 Emission Tests!

From: Steve (jsm@iglou.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 05:25:39 EDT

>My truck was fully warmed up for all 3 tests too. So what now???? Should I
>do a vacuum test? Could the 65,000 mile old catalytic converter be shot? I
>need to pass so I can get my truck's plates renewed in June.

Kyle... I once failed my VET test here in Louisville shortly after I moved
here. A guy I worked with said just put a quart of denatured alcohol in a
full tank. Drive it around for a few days and at least 3/4 of a tank then
refill. Take it in and get retested. I did, and passed with almost all zeros
on my readings! Might be worth a try.

Steve
jsm@iglou.com
Lou-a-vull, KY